Monday, April 25, 2016

New Instruments!

Thank you to all who donated to my GoFundMe! I reached my goal of raising $500 and was able to buy a lot of new instruments for the center! I was able to donate a xylophone, drum, small key board, bell bracelets, a CD with a mix of songs, sound books, and best of all a new sound system. With the new sound system, the therapists can play music from the radio or from their personal devices. The kids love dancing to the music and singing into the microphone. It was sad leaving the center on Thursday for the last time, but I was happy leaving knowing I left them with a great gift. It was a great experience volunteering at El Centro de Equinoterapia. I learned a lot of strategies for working with children with disabilities when I become a teacher and I also worked with and met a lot of great people. To thank me and one other volunteer on our last day, one of the families at the center invited us to their house for lunch. It was so generous of them. It was a great way to end my service experience. I left the center after three months definitely feeling like I contributed in some way.





This picture shows the new drum, keyboard, and xylophone.



I made these bell bracelets for the children who cannot hold the instruments with their hands.





Brenda, the mother of Nestor (a patient at the center) made us a delicious lunch!

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing that you were able to get so much for the music program. You definitely made a lasting difference.

    ReplyDelete