Sunday, March 20, 2016

Family Visit!

It was so special to have my family come visit me this week! They definitely experienced the Ecuadorean adventure! I was sad saying goodbye to them, but feeling a little home sick now was definitely worth an amazing week with them.


The best part of their visit was having my family meet my host family! It was so kind of my host family to invite my parents and brother over for a brunch after mass. Then, later in the week we celebrated my little brother's 6th birthday all together!


My mom has inspired me to travel, learn Spanish, and volunteer, so it was so special to bring my mom to my service placement with me!








We had a great beach trip to Ayampe. It was so nice to relax and spend time together!






We waited almost 2 hours for this meal, but it was worth the wait! The food was delicious and so fresh! We literally watched the chef go outside with his machete and cut us ripe vegetables for our meal!





On our last day together, we visited the town of Bucay and hiked to a waterfall. It reminded us of all our visits to Ithaca to see Terrence!

Thank you Mom, Dad, and Terrence for coming to see me. It was so nice to share with you my life in Ecuador. See you in 6 weeks!!

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful that the family could come to visit! What a great experience and terrific pictures!

    Love, MN Macs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Great pictures Abbey! So fabulous to have your Mom, Dad and Terrence share your experience! We are so proud of you and love you. xx Aunt Marie & Uncle Justin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got all caught up on your blog, Abbey. LOVE LOVE LOVE all of your pictures! It was so wonderful that your mom and dad and T-man were able to come spend some time with you. Enjoy the rest of your time there and we look forward to hearing about it in person when you return to the US!

    ReplyDelete