Saturday, January 16, 2016

My Host Family

Living with an Ecuadorean family has been one of my favorite parts of studying abroad so far.  I have learned so much about the language and culture from spending time with them.  They are so nice and generous. I feel right at home.  The best part has been my new three little brothers, Adrien (13), Jose Maria (8), and Mathaias (5).  With the kids, there is always something going on, making it really feel like home.  As a gift, I bought them Candy Land because that was the game I played the most as a child and they absolutely love it! I have played it at least twice a day since I got here! Here are some pictures of the kids and my new home!














My first week of classes went well.  I am studying at Universidad Especialidades Espíritu Santo.  I like the campus because it is small just like SMC! I start my service this coming week. I am very excited to get started because the service piece is why I chose to come through this program.  I had a plan of where I wanted to volunteer, but I changed my mind when I visited el Centro De Equinoterapia Integral.  This organization provides therapy for children with mental and physical disabilities through horseback riding, gardening, dancing, music, swimming, and more.  To read more about the organization here is the link: http://www.guayas.gob.ec/equinoterapia/index.html

4 comments:

  1. The children are adorable. CandyLand was a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After Terrance dealing with your 3 new brothers should be a piece of cake!!
    David Hess

    ReplyDelete
  3. After Terrance dealing with your 3 new brothers should be a piece of cake!!
    David Hess

    ReplyDelete